Friday, January 11, 2013

CD12 and IUI #1

Well, IUI #1 is done! This morning Brandon and I woke up early, got ready and headed off to RSC! We arrived there and that's where it all started!

Brandon headed off to collect his sample! it was pretty nice if you ask me! I will post the video he took of the collection room later. Then we waited while they washed, checked, and counted the sperm! Then It was the moment of truth!!!!



The nurse came in (her name was Alicia) ironic you might say! Explained the procedure and gave us the results of the sample. They look for at least 10 million Brandon he had 136 million.. Overachiever!!! He was pumped, macho man! Haha

The actual procedure was quick. They insert a small catheter into my cervix and inject the sample. The goal is to get the semen as close to its goal the egg as possible! It went perfect!!!! I was extremely worried about any pain as I had a horrible experience with the HSG I had done but it went great!

Now I sit here thinking about the 136 million sperm on their way up my fallopian tubes to my lucky 18mm egg and can't help but smile! Swim little guys swim!

Beta scheduled for 1/25/13 ahhhhh

And welcome to the official two week wait!







5 comments:

  1. I go to RSC New England too! What location are you out of? I go to Lexington because I work in Bedford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Lexington for my IUI and my appointments but my monitoring is done in Milford! They are so great there!!!

      GL With your treatments!

      Delete