Friday, November 16, 2012

CD13 - Monitoring & Next Steps

Well here we are, the moment of the hour. Yesterday AM I had my monitoring appointment to check out how my meds were working and how many follicles I had growing. They do this with another Transvaginal ultrasound.
My tech is awesome... It is a breath of fresh air when I hear her say GOOD MORNING Alicia at my crack ass of dawn 6:45am apointment! The verdict was a little one 14mm on the left, and a big overcooked one on the right at 28mm. They actually look pretty neat on the screen. Kinda like this (not mine)
I was actually kind of discouraged this month because in normal cases a mature follicle measures 18-24mm and the ones I had were either too small or too large. However my E2 level was good and we still had 1 more day till ovulation for the smaller one to grow a little bit (they grow 1-2mm a day) so off I went on my journey. Next step my trigger injection.. <SCARY ugh I hate needles.. thank god for my husband who has injected me these past 3 cycles. The Ovidrel Injection is a trigger that releases the eggs I am growing in my follies.. looks like this
For someone who is scared crapless of any needles this can be pretty scary.. but you just get the job done. I ice the area, clean it , women up, and then turn away while my husband injects... shuddder thank goodness its over for this month.

Next up... um well guess you can figure that part out!!
 
Betta scheduled for 11/30/2012 - Praying and hoping with all of my might.

Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment