Thursday, November 8, 2012

CD3 (A little late)

Better late than never right. Well today I am on CD5 but all the fun stuff in fertility treatments start on CD3 which is the 3rd day of your cycle. Bloodwork, ultrasounds the begining of that precious cycle.

When you are doing any type of medicated cycles with your RE you need to be monitored during that cycle to ensure that nothing is going wrong. I mean we are working with my reproductive organs we need to ENSURE that they are OK.. well in my opinon! In my case with PCOS I can actually develop major cysts during this process from the medication I am on Clomid. They will do two Transvaginal Ultrasound a cycle. They do this for multiple reasons but a few are to check my uterine lining to make sure it is thick enough to support a fertilized egg, to see how my body is reacting to the medication and to check how many eggs are maturing!

On Tuesday of this week I had my normal CD3 ultrasound no bloodwork needed this cycle as I just did that last week with my negative tests. My tech is hillarious, I mean you would have to be to start apointments at 6:45am doing what she does but it is a breath of fresh air. During this whole process you find yourself almost becoming close with all your nurses and techs you see on a regular basis.. the hospital lab know me by name now!

Anyways everything looked great! No cysts and my right ovary was photographing very well with a 10 and a 11 follicle already and it was only CD3. We will see what happens won't we!

ONTO the 5 day clomid hell! :) See you later

No comments:

Post a Comment